If you or your family member have been injured in a SEPTA accident, you should consider hiring an attorney. SEPTA accidents are very common, and many people sustain injuries while riding in SEPTA vehicles. If you suffer severe injuries, you may be entitled to compensation for pain and suffering, lost wages, and medical expenses.
What is SEPTA?
SEPTA stands for Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority, and it provides transportation services for Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia Counties. SEPTA operates buses, subways, trains, and trolleys, and it is a popular and cost-effective way to travel around the mentioned counties.
However, given the high volume of passengers, it is not surprising that SEPTA accidents often happen. These accidents may be caused by the negligence of SEPTA operators and drivers, and passengers, pedestrians, and other drivers may suffer injuries in SEPTA-related accidents. If you find yourself in a similar situation contact a Philadelphia automobile accident lawyer, you may be able to file a lawsuit in order to get monetary compensation for your losses.
What are the Common Types of SEPTA Accidents?
Here are the types of SEPTA accidents you may be involved in:
- Train accidents – Many people use trains as a means of commuting. When riding a train there is always a risk of hitting a pedestrian, a vehicle on the tracks, an animal, or even colliding with another train. If a SEPTA train accident occurs, you may sustain severe injuries as a consequence.
- Bus accidents – Buses are probably the most common means of transportation, and many people use them daily. Although they are considered a very safe way to travel, they may be involved in accidents because of negligence, poor maintenance, or driver’s error.
If you are a passenger on a bus and involved in a collision, you may sustain injuries, including head trauma, broken bones, or back injuries.
- Subway accidents – Subways are also very safe, but accidents can happen from time to time. Some of the most common causes of subway accidents include high speeds, objects on the track, poor underground lighting, and distracted subway train operators. As a result, subway trains may crash into subway walls, derail, or hit pedestrians. If you suffer injuries in a subway accident, you have every right to file a compensation claim.
- Trolley accidents – Some trolleys look similar to trains and ride along rail lines, and some look like buses and run on rubber tires. Either way, both types of trolleys get their power from electrical lines overhead. No matter the type of trolley you are a passenger in, if an accident occurs, there’s a risk of sustaining severe injuries.
- Slip-and-fall accidents – If you slip, trip, or fall on SEPTA’s property, you may be entitled to compensation based on the premise’s liability. You can file a claim against SEPTA if your injuries are a result of negligent operation or maintenance. If you are involved in a slip-and-fall accident on SEPTA’s property, it would be a wise idea to contact a lawyer as soon as possible.
How Can We Help You?
Hiring a skilled lawyer to represent you is crucial if you want to increase your chances of receiving fair compensation. If you are a victim of a SEPTA accident, don’t hesitate to contact us today to discuss the details of your case.