If you have been hurt in an accident, your focus should be on getting better – physically and mentally. If the accident took away a loved one, your priority should be comforting your family and grieving.
If the accident resulted from someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. However, the process is complicated, and you need to act fast. Luckily, Steven L. Chung, Esquire – Philadelphia Car Accident Attorneys, is ready to fight for compensation for you.
Our Philadelphia Car Accident Lawyers are well trained and understand the intricacies of the legal process. So, leave the heavy lifting to us and focus on piecing your life back together.
Is it worth getting a lawyer for a car accident?
Yes, it is, especially if the car accident was severe and you’ve sustained serious or permanent injuries.
We’ll help you calculate economic damages accurately. We will retain experts, if necessary, to assist with calculating your financial losses.
Moreover, we can do the following:
Negotiate with the insurance company
Negotiating reasonable settlements with insurance companies can be tricky. They have large teams of adjusters, and lawyers on standby, ready to contest a personal injury claim. They are constantly making arguments about why they should have to pay less. Though they may seem to look out for you, their priority is saving money.
With an experienced personal injury law firm like us by your side, we help you level the playing field. We start investigations immediately, collecting evidence of the other driver’s mistakes and your damages. These include:
- Obtaining a copy of the police report
- Investigating the scene of the accident for common causes of car accidents
- Interrogating witnesses
- Communicating and negotiating with the insurance adjuster
Represent you in court
Though many motor vehicle accident claims are out-of-court settlements, sometimes a personal injury lawsuit is the only way to get the compensation you deserve. Yes, self-representation is an option, but you risk losing on procedural or technical grounds. So, while you might have a solid case, you could lose because you did not properly represent yourself.
We are skilled at proving negligence through the following elements:
- Duty of care
- Breach of care
Depending on the circumstances, we can prove that your accident was preventable.
When should I hire a car accident lawyer?
The golden rule of thumb is to hire us when:
- You are unsure of your rights and how to progress
- You have a car accident injury
- The car insurance adjuster is unfair in its compensation
- You aren’t getting proper medical care
Based on our years of experience, our advice is, you have nothing to lose by reaching out to us. The benefit of reaching out is that we offer a no-obligation consultation session. We can point you in the right direction and help put things into perspective for you.
That said, other instances you should reach out to us include:
- When your insurance adjuster offers you a settlement. Whether you were at fault or not, don’t sign settlement agreements without having a Philadelphia car accident attorney review them first. Have in mind that insurance adjusters don’t reach out to be nice but to save themselves money.
- If there’s doubt of who’s at fault for the accident
- When the auto insurance claims adjuster delays the process. Unfortunately, it’s common to deal with unreturned calls, having your car accident claim file passed around between insurance adjusters, and getting numerous requests for your medical records after submission as a method of denying or delaying claims.
Is it worth getting a lawyer for a minor car accident?
Yes, it is. Don’t let your perception of the accident’s seriousness determine whether you’ll get legal help or not.
Insurance companies tend to fight minor Philadelphia accident claims more aggressively. They argue that an accident with minimal car damage cannot result in injuries to the persons inside. However, this isn’t always the case. Many minor motor vehicle accidents in Philadelphia result in serious conditions and injuries whose symptoms and pain are masked by adrenaline at first.
Common accident injuries from minor Philadelphia traffic accidents include:
- Back strain
- Neck strain
- Soft tissue injuries
- Head injuries
- Face injuries
- Scrapes and bruises
Aside from this, insurance companies make the claiming process unnecessarily stressful by:
- Pressuring you into a hasty settlement
- Downplaying the injuries
- Demanding recorded statements
- Dragging the process
- Requesting you to sign blank medical authorization waivers
Call us today for a free consultation on your car accident lawsuit. Steven L. Chung, Esquire, will cover all your bases to ensure you get maximum compensation.
What types of damages can you recover from Philadelphia car accident?
Some damages you can recover include:
- Medical expenses – these include recovery for past and future medical bills related to the accident. Surgeries, rehabilitation costs, treatments, disability costs, and doctor’s appointments are some damages you can file a claim for.
- Lost wages – the accident may result in you missing work and affect your income. The insurance company should reimburse you for lost income.
- Loss of future earnings – when the injury results in long-term damage or disability, you may not continue with your current occupation. You can claim for earnings you’ll lose in the future, courtesy of the disability caused by an accident.
- Property damage – damage to your car and personal belongings like cell phones, car seats, and laptops.
- Pain and suffering – cover losses that are difficult to quantify, like emotional distress and pain.
- Punitive damages – these are rare but are often ordered as punishment to negligent drivers.
Note: whether you have limited tort or full tort insurance affect the claim process. For limited tort, you need to prove the car accident caused injuries that result in a serious impairment of a bodily function.
Should I contact a lawyer after a car accident?
Yes, you should. At Steven L. Chung, Esquire Philadelphia Car Accident Attorneys, we are experienced in auto accident cases. From the moment you contact us, our goal is to offer the best possible service by getting you get fair compensation on your accident claim.
Our process starts by learning everything about you and your Pennsylvania car accident case. Feel free to reach us at (215) 688-5777 for a free case evaluation. Alternatively, you can send us a message through our website, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.