Have you been injured in a SEPTA vehicle? If the answer is yes, seeking the services of an experienced Philadelphia car accident lawyer such as Steven L. Chung is your best option. Hiring a professional to handle your SEPTA case is crucial if you want to receive the compensation you are entitled to.
What are the Types of SEPTA Accidents You May be Involved in?
Keep in mind that you may be a victim of a few different types of SEPTA accidents, including the following:
- Slip-and-fall accidents – if you slip and/or fall on SEPTA’s property due to negligent operation or maintenance, you are entitled to compensation.
- Bus accidents – these accidents may occur due to driver error, negligence, or poor maintenance, and you may sustain severe injuries.
- Train accidents – if a train derails or hits a pedestrian or vehicle on the tracks, it can cause serious injuries.
- Subway accidents – subway accidents may be caused by objects on the track, high speeds, poor underground lighting, and similar.
- Trolley accidents – if a trolley is involved in an accident, and you are injured as a result, you may file a claim.
No matter the type of accident you are involved in, you may have the right to file a legal claim and receive compensation. The financial compensation may cover past, present, and future medical expenses and lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What is the Procedure After a SEPTA Accident?
If you are involved in a SEPTA accident, being familiar with the procedure is crucial. The first step of the process is completing an incident form. If you are injured while in a SEPTA vehicle, the driver of the vehicle should give you an incident form to fill out. Once you fill this form, the driver will retain a copy for records. If you are not given this form, ask for it.
In order to prevent any potential setbacks or problems with people claiming to have been passengers of the vehicle when they actually weren’t, the incident form is handed to the passengers immediately after the incident.
The form you need to fill out will require the following information:
- The name of the driver. After the accident, you should ask the driver for their name. Also, write down as much information about the driver’s physical appearance as you can, including height, weight, sex, race, distinguishing features such as a scar or a tattoo, or something else that would help you identify the driver later.
- Bus and route. Fill out the time the accident occurred, the number of the bus, and the route number.
- Witnesses. It would be a good idea to collect the names, addresses, and phone numbers of the witnesses at the scene.
You can also ask other passengers for contact information, especially if you sustain injuries as a result of a sudden stop. In these situations, making a claim for your injuries includes proving the stop was unusual. Also, you need to show that other passengers were injured as well. You can do this by getting their names, contact info, and have them explain the situation accurately and consistently with your version.
Don’t Forget to Report Your Injury
If you sustain injuries in a SEPTA accident, it is crucial to seek medical care immediately, if needed. Delaying treatment for the sustained injuries may cause them to worsen. Also, you should report your injuries to your healthcare provider. Make an appointment with your primary care physician as soon as possible, explain where and how you were hurt and what injuries you sustained.
When filing a claim against SEPTA, you can expect the agency to subpoena the copies of your medical records. If the records don’t show you were injured in the SEPTA vehicle, they will delay or deny the claim. If you want to have a good chance of winning the case, following the rules is crucial.
Hiring an Accident Lawyer for Your SEPTA Case
If you want to file a claim against SEPTA, you need to get an experienced lawyer who handles these cases. Getting representation from a professional SEPTA accident attorney dealing with SEPTA and other government agencies such as Steven L. Chung is crucial.
Contact us for a free consultation, and we will answer all the questions you may have. Give us a call today and become one step closer to receiving the financial compensation you deserve.
Leave A Comment